Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"Jack Daniel"


Okay, so I was spending my time on the internet googling to see if I could find any information on the Oceanos and see if there was a web site set up for passengers who were on the Oceanos when it sank and found a message board: Encyclopedia Titanica http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/discus/messages/6937/70480.html?1116015609 and there was a message there from another passenger Michael O'mahoney, I also found another web site with a message board for the Oceanos and had put a messge there.

To cut a long story short, the other message boardhttp://www.travelserver.net/travelpage/ubb-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001062 asked me to tell them my story about the sinking, so I got writing and writing and writing and it turned out to be far to long to put on the message board, so I created this blog. I then went back to the "titanica" message board and left a messge there about the blog, also sent Michael a message.

In my story I mentioned the bit about how we were sitting on the deck while the ship was listing and there was this guy with a bottle of Jack Daniels, and he offered me some Jack Daniels, it stopped us from being frozen to death. We got chatting and he said to me that if ever we got off the ship alive, we would be friends forever - well it turned out that Michael was the guy and he remembered me ... not sure if he remembered the part about being friends 4eva but hey after 15 years it was great that I found him. Turns out he lives in the UK now and will be making a trip sometime to visit Derrick and myself.

So thank you Jack !!!

No comments: